Monday, March 16, 2009

I Don't Understand!

There are times I just don't understand God, DUH! Times I just don't see His hand moving...like when some Godly men I've known are taken from this life so early...the most recent was Mike Blaylock, a friend of ours who worked for the University of Mobile. He was dearly loved by his family, work associates and students. He had such a ministry of encouragement. He was the former chaplain for the Kansas City Royals and author of The Right Way to Win. After several years of battling cancer, Mike recently went home to be with the LORD. Same with my beloved pastor, Dr. Ivo Livingston, my children's principal and coach, Tandy Gerald, our wonderful friend, D.L. Crain, and our dear friend and fellow pastor, Bill Trapp. I just don't understand when I think they needed to touch so many more lives....

The Disciples were faced with some difficult decisions, too...like trying to trust Jesus when He was talking about eating His flesh and drinking His blood (John 6:56). Of course, we realize He was speaking symbolically now, but then, many just could not understand this bloody talking. In fact, the scriptures record later in this passage that many fell away from following Him. At that point the Master asked the Disciples, "Will you also go away?" Then comes mouthy Peter (I can SO identify with that man!) declaring, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." But it is the next statement that spoke to me today...

And we have learned to believe and trust, and [more] we have come to know [surely] that You are the Holy One of God, the Christ (the Anointed One), the Son of the living God. John 6:69 Amplified Version

The Disciples did not understand this talk of Jesus' but as Peter stated, they had learned to trust and believe in Him...so I take comfort in that. If they walked with Jesus day by day and still had areas in which they had to just trust, then I can learn to trust even when I don't understand...some things are just too hard for me...

Thank You, LORD, that You are higher and nobler and righter and wiser and more than anything I am...thank You that You are so worthy of my worship and adoration. Thank You for allowing these men to touch me and the lives of those I love; I pray their witness and influence will continue throughout the ages. When I don't understand, LORD, I will choose to leave that with You and just trust.




No comments: