Tuesday, July 14, 2009

LAVISH

I am just convicted today; no funny words or cute. meaningful stories...

"For she has not noticed, understood, or realized that it was I [the Lord God] Who gave her the grain and the new wine and the fresh oil, and Who lavished upon her silver and gold which they used for Baal and made into his image. Therefore will I return and take back My grain in the time for it and My new wine in the season for it, and will pluck away and recover My wool and My flax which were to cover her [Israel's] nakedness."(Hosea 2: 8-9~Amplified Version)

Oh, LORD, how often have I attributed Your riches, grace, mercy, benefits, blessings to something or someone else ... called it "luck" or "fortune" or somehow, thought that I even deserved or earned it. Forgive me for not noticing, understanding, or realizing that You are the GREAT GIVER, for You daily LAVISH on me such richness!!!! And, oh, Dear JESUS, I humbly ask that You forgive me when I have taken Your blessings and used them to accomplish my will with my idols. May I have eyes to see and ears to hear Your Word and more than ever follow Your way. May I use Your example today and lavish people with love, praise, kindness, thoughtfulness, forgiveness, attention...May I be a giver patterned after You. I love You!!!

No comments: