Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Merry Christmas!

"Heaven's Loss" by Ron DiCianni


I am an avid participator of Facebook ~ I simply love staying in touch with so many people in such a simple way. I get a lot of inspiration and encouragement from it also. Today is one of those days. It is my Mama's birthday but it is the 5th birthday she has celebrated with Jesus, so I am a little melancholy. That added with being desperate to get a job (think it has been about 9 interviews and 8 rejections thus far this summer!), some family health issues, other stresses... Anyway, you get the picture but then on Facebook, someone posted this scripture,

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55: 8-9, Amplified Version

The person was speaking about God answering our prayers but usually in a way that we never expect. However, what really got me was a comment from someone else. They referred to Jesus being born in a stable.

So I'm thinking, "Wow, the answer for all the world, born in a stable!" What a surprise out of nowhere; who would have EVER imagined our Savior being born of such humble beginnings?

But wasn't it perfect? The timing, the place, the parents, the multitude of angels, the shepherds, the star, later the Wise Men? Anyone can relate to Jesus because He has been through it all. And later we learn that He humbled Himself for this ... because He was truly worthy of only the best. A picture posted from artist Ron Dicianni captures my feelings about the loss that Heaven must have felt ... but what gain for us!

So I am going to start looking in the strangest places for my answers ... hum, where should I start? In my least likely acquaintance? In a job that I don't think I could do? Listening to someone I don't think knows much? Listening to my husband ... oh, where did that thought come from??? Anyway, I am on the hunt ... Merry Christmas!!!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You that You humbled Yourself to become my Savior. I am in awe of Your humble beginnings ... a place no one would have ever expected but that was the exact right answer for the world! I know You are working on behalf of all my situations and I know Your ways are higher and better and more glorious than mine ... I can't wait to see what You are doing! May I have "eyes to see and ears to hear" and give You glory for answers in unexpected places!

No comments: